Lancaster House by Taylor Dean
Publisher: Self published
Zoe Grayson needs a change. So, she moves to another state, purchases an old, dilapidated 1920s Victorian Mansion, and sets out to restore it to its former glory. As she begins the restoration, she finds herself falling in love with the old house . . . not to mention its illustrious builder, Mr. Lancaster. Zoe becomes obsessed with the house as she discovers its secrets; hidden rooms, secret passageways . . . and a mysterious man who seems to think the house is his. Who is he? More importantly, how does he live in her home unseen and unheard?
The unexpected answers leave her reeling—and questioning everything she’s ever known. To her dismay, Zoe’s actions land her in the local psychiatric hospital, scheming for ways to return to Lancaster House . . . and the love of her life.
Excerpt from Lancaster House:
Note: While Lancaster House tells the story of a heartfelt romance, the scenes that propel the story forward are the scenes between Zoe and her psychiatrist, Doctor Channing.
“I find it telling that you, yourself, knew you were losing your mental stability,” Doctor Channing said as he leaned back in his chair thoughtfully.
“The average person would think the same when faced with strange occurrences. I guarantee it.”
“You were slowly breaking down, Zoe. Surely you can see that.”
“I see nothing of the sort.” Her tone was defensive.
“What exactly did you think was going on?”
Zoe stared at the floor, a look of perplexity marring her features. “I wasn’t sure, but I was determined to get to the bottom of it. I didn’t believe in all that ghost gibberish, not for a second, and I certainly wasn’t about to let anyone scare me out of my home.”
“You do realize you were a very confused young lady, don’t you?”
Zoe seemed to ponder that for several moments. Then with renewed strength, she said, “No. No, Doctor Channing, I don’t agree. I wasn’t confused. I was thinking clearly and rationally. I’d decided to solve the mystery. Running away was not an option.”
“Zoe, think sensibly for just a moment. A house cannot repair itself. A burner cannot turn itself off. It was you doing everything. You were the only one in the house.”
“No, I wasn’t the only one in the house,” she whispered.
About the Author:
Taylor Dean lives in Texas and is the mother of four grown children. Upon finding herself with an empty nest, she began to write the stories that were always wandering around in her head, quickly finding that she had a passion for writing, specifically romance. Whether it’s paranormal, contemporary, or suspense—you’ll find all sub-genres of romance in her line-up.
This giveaway is open internationally for one digital copy of Lancaster House.
- August 13 - My Cozie Corner - Review/Giveaway
- August 14 - The Solitary Bookworm - Review/Interview
- August 15 - The Thoughts of a Girl - Review/Giveaway
- August 16 - My Reading Addiction - Interview/Giveaway/Excerpt/PROMO
- August 17 – Lizzy’s Dark Fiction – Review/Giveaway/Excerpt
- August 18 - Hardcover Feedback - Giveaway/Excerpt/PROMO
- August 18 - Woopeeyoo! - Giveaway/Excerpt/PROMO
- August 19 - Bunny’s Review- Interview/Giveaway/Excerpt/PROMO
- August 20 - Dive Under the Cover - PROMO
- August 21 - Andi’s Book Review - Review/Giveaway/Excerpt
- August 22 - Literature Lovers’ Labyrinth - Review/Excerpt
- August 22 – Known to Read – PROMO
- August 23 - Midtown Underground - Review/Excerpt
- August 25 - Books, Books, the Magical Fruit - Interview/Giveaway/Excerpt/PROMO
- August 26 - Two Fantasy Floozies - Review/Interview
- August 27- Taking it One Page at a Time - Review/Interview/Giveaway
- August 28 - Auggie Talk - Interview/Giveaway/Excerpt/PROMO
- August 28 - The Book Faery Reviews - Excerpt/PROMO